Sunday, July 24, 2011

God is present here

I had a wonderful experience at Mass today.
Before I tell of this experience I want to set the stage.
My parish has been doing the study of "A Biblical Walk Through the Mass" by Dr. Edward Sri in preparation for the new Roman Missal changes. One part talked about God's presence at Mass. God is present in the Liturgy of the Word and is present at the Liturgy of the Eucharist.
In this brief description of God's presence, I had a picture in my head of a crowd waiting for a king to appear. They waited and when he came into the room, everyone stood and was in awe.
So at Mass today, after the Consecration and before Communion when Father says, "Behold the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world." All of a sudden, I was moved with belief that God is present here right now! It was such profound belief in my heart, head and soul. God of all creation was here and I was in His presence.
What does one say to God?
All I could think of was, "Oh my God, I believe, I adore, I trust and I love thee. I beg pardon for those who do not believe, do not adore, do not trust and do not love thee."

How an experience like this changes ones prayers.
Praised be Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment