Monday, August 22, 2011

Inspirations in the Chapel

Every week we spend an hour in the chapel, adoring Jesus in the Most Blessed Sacrament. It is the best place for peace and prayer.

I was reading the Gospel of Matthew, ch. 15 to 28. And the Lord inspired me to write a story from the Canaanite woman's perspective. I went home, cleaned the kitchen and while the rest of the family watched a movie, I sat down and wrote about 85% of it right then and there. I finished around midnight and woke up at 3 am and tossed and turned. So I got up at 5:20 am, made myself a cup of tea and finished the whole story by 6 am.

The whole point I am making is that when God guides you, the work is effortless and just flows out. That is what happened to me: the story just flowed out of the pen.
And it is quite a work.

Thank you Jesus.

The other inspiration I was given was to act out the Sunday gospel on Saturday night as a family. It is too easy to forget what the Gospel is if it is not read over several times and even meditated upon. So we acted out Matthew 16:13 to 20.
The first time my family read it through it was quite dry. The second reading had more emotion. It was too late to rouse interest in a third reading. But I do want to ask how it affected their hearing of this Gospel on Sunday.

Again, if the Lord builds the house, or writes the story, or inspires the believer....look what can be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment