Saturday, October 31, 2009

LIfting our hearts to the Lord

The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass is the greatest prayer we can pray.
The consecration of bread and wine into the Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Jesus Christ is the Highlight of the Mass. He is the Food and Drink for our souls.
But my second favorite part of the Mass is when, just before the consecration, we respond to the Priests acclamation: "Lift up your hearts."
We respond: We lift them up to the Lord. I smile each time I say this, as I raise my eyes and hands to the Crucifix behind the Altar, because I verbally acknowledge my giving all of me to Jesus.
Brian and I have given everything to Jesus. We gave him our marriage, our children, our jobs, our home. We have held nothing back.
It is the greatest relief to know He holds everything in His hands. Actually it is more than relief, it is real joy. The world cannot understand this, but if they could what peace there would be.
Praised be Jesus Christ, now and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment