Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Chapel

It was a normal day at work. I was going to meet my family at the Eucharistic Adoration Chapel at our parish, St. Mel. But on the way home I felt such a load and weight of sorrow for many different things. I could have cried. My chest hurt, too. So I held my rosary as I drove, both hands still on the steering wheel. I was listening to Fr. Groeschel say the Sorrowful Mysteries and I was so moved.
As soon as I walked into the Chapel and gazed upon the Monstrance with Jesus exposed,
all my burdens and sorrow were gone, as well as the pain in my chest. I felt complete and utter peace.
Normally I smile broadly when I see Him there. Lately, I have been so sober, serious, and sad. But tonight I gave Jesus all of me, like He gave me all of Himself. And then I gave Him the biggest, most joyful smile I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment