Monday, February 15, 2010

an early Lent

I am really looking forward to Lent this year. It is another way that I can show Jesus I love Him more than I love myself. The 3 ply cord of fasting, prayer and alsmgiving is a good blue print to follow. Also following the Works of Mercy as an addition gives new ideas to spiritual growth.

But Lent came early. We have had the opportunity to shelter a homeless man. Eric is 49 years old, but is more like a teen in mental abilities. It is always hard to add another human being to the family mix. But this is special because I see the face of Jesus in Eric. Whenever I offer him food, it is to Jesus I offer it. When I ask him how he is doing, it is to Jesus I pose this question.

I am alittle concerned about what will happen to Eric once the week is over. There just don't seem to be enough shelters for the homeless. And Eric is not your average man. He would be perfect living in a monastery......praying with the monks......doing little odd jobs. How I wish I could set this up for him.

Jesus, I trust in YOU for Eric. How You will work is a mystery to me, but I am so glad that I could give you my all in this situation.

I am really thinking about what to do for this Lent after this?

No comments:

Post a Comment