Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Rosary

Two thoughts on the Rosary. Make that three.
First, PRAY it! It is a weapon of spiritual dimensions that cannot be underestimated.
Second, I ask my guardian angel, Bruno, to pray the Rosary while I sleep. I hold the Rosary, and the deal is as long as I hold it, Bruno prays. Thank you my dear Bruno.
Thirdly, I heard a great talk by Jonette Benkovic (Women of Grace) about praying the Rosary. First meditative, then contemplative, then mystical. I think she should add another level:
praying the Rosary out of obedience. I have been doing that for 11 years. Every once in a while I pray the Rosary in a meditative, contemplative and maybe even once, mystical.
I was driving home from work, saying a Rosary with Fr. Benedict Groeschel on the Catholic Radio, when I was given a picture of Gabriel kneeling in profound respect at the Hail Mary. Then at the end of the first half, Mary and Elizabeth greet and hold hands (blessed is thr Fruit of they womb, Jesus).
Then for the Holy Mary half, I imagine Mary with her hands extended pouring out grace. There you go, my 15 second claim to mystical prayer.
Thank you Jesus and Mother Mary!

No comments:

Post a Comment